Tuesday, June 11, 2013

A Strip from a Special Guest, More Chapter 2 Movies, and a Game-Plan

Today's guest strip comes from... my wife!





Jenny is an incredibly talented children's book illustrator and a 3D designer in the entertainment department of Disney.  She actually didn't draw this for the site; she drew this just for me on Manga Studio as part of her anniversary present to me.  But when she showed me, I was like, "Oh, I have to put that on the site!"  
There's a story behind this strip, and you'll need to know it.
In high school, she and I were very interested in each other, but we were both dating other people (read: psychos).  She and I had art class together, and had lockers in the same hall.  As part of a courtship ritual, every morning she would try to steal my X-Men lunchbox.  Happy Anniversary, sweetheart.  I love you!

Here's today's new Chapter 2 movies!  Gonna try to embed them right from YouTube, rather than upload them into Blogger.

<iframe width="960" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/m-7hryeeAxc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="960" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BGSxaEJmWSM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well, that didn't work.  Guess I'll have to post them some other way.  (See above)

So, it's crazy, but I may actually be busier with this comic during this hiatus than I am when actually drawing comics.  Here's the game-plan of things I want to have accomplished before the beginning of Chapter 3.

-Finishing and posting the YouTube movies of Chapter 2.

-Opening the Super U. Store.  In fact, I did yesterday!  The store is up, and when there's actually, you know, merchandise to sell, I'll link it to the site.

-Creating merchandise for aforementioned store.  Yesterday I did two T-shirt designs, and I have a couple more in mind.  Also, there will be stickers!  Maybe some other stuff, too, but for now, that's what I'm going for.

-Business Cards.  Yeah, I should have done these a long time ago.  

-Tweak the site logo.  It's just too damn big.  Came up with a different one yesterday that I might go with.

-Learn Manga Studio.  Haven't toyed with it much yet, but I did sketch out the first panel of the first strip of Chapter 3 on paper, so when I get the rest of it done, I'll just dive right in and try to make the finished version on MS.

-Create a physical book or books of the strips, and make them available for purchase.  I'm still undecided if I want to compile Chapters 1 and 2 into a single book, or sell them separately   I guess it'll depend on what ends up costing the most reasonably for me.

So, there you have it!  Big things going on.  Hope you enjoyed the movies... two more comin' at ya on Thursday, and maybe some more excellent guest art as well!

4 comments:

  1. Should look into Homage cover T shirts, They could be awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome man! You got yourself a catch to say the least, what a thoughtful present! Tell her, if she can't see this, great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work J. J. ! The pictures say it all. More please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! It'd be REALLY funny if she'd ever done this to you....! ;-)

    ReplyDelete