Saturday, August 10, 2013

The Walters Files: Amazona



Amazona is sort of a mixture of Darwyn Cooke's Wonder Woman and Queen Maeve from Garth Ennis' "The Boys."  I can imagine Amazona being a heavy smoker and drinker.  Like Daemon, having lived for so long and remembered so much, one of the few things left to do is drown the days away in a bottle (but actually Daemon's alcoholism goes much deeper than that).  But we'll see; I haven't used Amazona much yet, and I don't have any plans as of now to elevate her status beyond minor character, though Jason did set up some nice back-story tie-ins between her and some important characters...
It should come as no surprise that I'm not a huge fan of Wonder Woman.  It can be argued Wonder Woman is among the best superhero role-models for girls, but I think a lot of that is negated by her outfit.  Nevertheless, I can't argue Wonder Woman's importance, and when picking the parody superheroes for the faculty of Super U., I knew I had to represent her.

No comments:

Post a Comment