Saturday, June 8, 2013

The Walters Files: The Commander



The Commander came from Jason and I joking around one day, talking about how funny it would be the if the first thing Captain America did after getting "thawed" would be to punch Black Widow in the face.  You know, for being a commie spy.  That lead to a series of jokes about how Cap would react to other prominent heroes with his Depression-era sensibilities.  So when I was putting together the roster of instructors, I told Jason that I wanted a Cap spoof like that but I didn't have a name, and he supplied "The Commander" from another thing he'd written back in the day.
To date the strips with the Commander in them have been the most popular.  Apparently you guys really like racism.  So expect to see a lot more of him!

2 comments:

  1. I guess so! I know when he put the black student in the back, acting like it was unTHINKABLE for him to sit elsewhere, it was freaking HILARIOUS!! I dunno how you come up w/some of this stuff, but I'm SOOO glad that you do!! ;-)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I appreciate having you as a reader!

    ReplyDelete