Saturday, June 29, 2013

The Walters Files: Humongous Man



Humongous Man is a lot of fun.  I don't know why I haven't used him since the beginning; I guess there's just been too much else going on.  I'm going to make it a point to bring him back, soon.
Inspired by (I think, obviously) Hank Pym, he's basically everything bad about that character, and nothing good.
I've never been a big fan of Ant Man (or his many incarnations), so it's fun for me to play up this character's insecurities, as deep inside he knows that while he's indeed brilliant, he truly can't compare to so many others of his peers; one of the many reasons he compensates with a loud mouth and a bossy, angry demeanor.  It was Jason's idea to make him a dwarf who aspired to be a giant, and I absolutely love that concept.  Here's the link to the SSS story Jason did concerning his origin.

3 comments:

  1. All of the Walters Files are really funny, and this one is, too! Keep it up, please? Oh, and, uhh, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you think so! It can be hard inserting humor in these, especially considering they're written from the perspective of a pretty humorless character.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But that's what makes them so FUNNY!! ;-)

    How're u doing?

    ReplyDelete