Saturday, July 13, 2013

The Walters Files: Speed Demon



Richie is a more "recent" character that I cooked up for the RPG that spawned the ideas for Super U.  As you may have guessed by his alter-ego's outfit, he's sort of my version of the Flash, although not as much of a knock-off as Jack Rabbit.  I like speedsters in comics, especially Quicksilver, and given my general dislike of the JLA, Flash is probably my favorite after Batman.  Like practically every other character, though, Richie is a reflection of myself, though a younger version, with the geek-o-meter turned up to 11.  
Though not initially excited about the prospect of sharing the same physical space with a demon, he came to realize the demon allowed him to be everything he couldn't be; to be strong where he is weak.  Against all odds, it turns out the demon isn't half bad.  I don't have any plans, actually, to make the demon reveal itself to be as manipulative and evil as it probably should be, but I'm not ruling it out, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment