Saturday, November 9, 2013

The Walters Files: Jack Rabbit



I haven't used Jack Rabbit much yet, but I recognize the comedy inherent in the idea of a couple of super-powered hall monitors (the other one being King Hrolf, who I haven't used at all).  Plus a guy in a rabbit suit serving out helpings of Salisbury steaks and instant mashed potatoes is pretty funny, too.  Jack Rabbit and Hrolf coordinate with Dean Clobber to keep the students in line.

Jack is my Flash parody, of course.  The Flash is one of the few characters in DC I really like, , at least when it comes to Wally West, although I like him because of his personality, not because of his poor, convoluted backstories.  Then, of course, there's the fact that Flash is just another DC all-powerful god-like beng.  Jack Rabbit is far, far from that.  No vibrating in and out of reality.  No time-jumping.  No ridiculous "Speed Force."  I mean, really.  I like Jason's take on it much better, where there's simply a "kinetic dimension."  Of course, Jack Rabbit can't tap into any of that power.  He's just got a dumb looking suit that he stole off a corpse.

Jason and I couldn't come to an agreement on the origin of the character, so he came up with the idea that Jack Rabbit is actually the second Jack Rabbit, which is quite fitting.  Although, come to think of it, I think he recently killed his version in the Saturday Super Stories. so there's that.

Jack Rabbit is the second-worst dressed superhero in the Super U-niverse, after King Carp.

No comments:

Post a Comment