Thursday, August 22, 2013

Dynasty: Part 1

Click it or Stick it


I said this already on Facebook, but I struggled with creating this strip in Manga Studio for half of yesterday before I gave up and started over in Illustrator   Manga Studio is pretty cool, but having such a weak Photoshop background, it still feels too foreign to me (It's a lot like Photoshop, but better), and I've just gotten too used to Illustrator.  If I didn't have a deadline, it wouldn't be a big deal, but since I need to pump out two of these a week, I didn't have time to mess around with it anymore.  
Still, I tried a lot of new things with this one (and spent entirely too much time on it), and I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out.  I want this storyline to have a different feel than normal, being set in China a few hundred years ago and all.  I did some color manipulation in Photoshop after it was completed.  Who knows?  Maybe some of the stuff I did here will carry over into the "regular" style of the strip.

Anyhoo, I hope I've piqued your interest with this one.  There's a few more like this to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment