Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Curse

Enlargimate


It was a real, um, experience creating this one.  Illustrator crashed on me about six times, the first time making me lose about half of my work on the first panel.  I really only have myself to blame for that one, for not hitting that Ctrl+S sooner and more frequently, but I could have sworn that I did.  For some reason it got really angry with me when I tried to manipulate Rex's boots after they were completely rendered.  I could move them in any direction, but if I tried to scale them or alter them in any way... immediate crash.  Weird.

Don't worry, I won't go on a tangent about how paper and pencils don't "crash."  But I thought about it.

I don't want to talk too much about this strip, because I don't want to give anything away on accident, but if you've been following the comic, none of what transpires above should come as a surprise... well, except for perhaps Raine's new behavior toward Aiden. I remarked to my wife that it's kind of funny that the last few times I've drawn Raine, she hasn't been angry.  I almost forgot how to draw her not angry.

I'm determined not to make the amnesiac angle too cliche'.  Generally, when someone writes a story or whatever and uses the amnesia angle, it feels really uninspired.  I don't want my stuff to come off like that.  I've got some pretty cool ideas on how I'm going to play with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment