Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Gladiophilia


Here it is, the highly-anticipated second strip of Super U., where we introduce our resident heroine, Raine, a character I've literally been drawing since seventh grade. No, really. Over the years, her appearance has gradually decreased in Jim Lee-esque knockoff qualities and she's become a sort of emo biker chick. And also you get to meet the first of many teachers, Amazona.

Been playing Arkham City like a madman. Hands down one of the best games ever made, 'nuff said. Gliding around the rooftops of Gotham at night is one of any fanboy's dreams, and this game does not disappoint. It does an amazing job of making the environment feel authentic, and seemingly no dark alley has been left without the tiniest personalized details. Doing absolutely nothing at all in this game is fun as hell.

But being the savior of Gotham is probably going to go to the wayside in a couple of days when Skyrim comes out. If Arkham City fulfills every fanboy's dreams, then Skyrim is going to satisfy every geek's fantasies. At least, that's the hope. Because holy shit does this game look beautiful, and incredibly deep, and if it's even remotely like Oblivion then it's also going to be a massive time-sucker, which I have absolutely no problem with whatsoever. I'm going to be a tiger-ninja...

So, in light of Skyrim coming out, and taking into consideration my general lack of ambition, I've actually already finished Strip 3, which will come out next Wednesday. It's important for me to stay ahead of myself, so I can keep up with this weekly thing. Plus, my actual job tends to pick up big time in December, and I don't know how much I'm actually going to feel like drawing during my free time (i.e. my daughter's nap-time) when I'm drawing all night.

Lastly, as of this writing, the site still only has one member, my awesomeness consultant, J. I appreciate the love on the Facebook Fan page, but let's get some members, y’all! All you need is a yahoo or gmail account, or even an AIM, and you're good. And what the hell, leave some comments, too.

-Matt

Click on the image to enlarge.

No comments:

Post a Comment