Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Emasculation / Masculation

It really sucks drawing with a mouse.

I was going to ask for a couple shirts from the Penny Arcade store for Father's Day, but it looks like we'll be getting a new graphics tablet instead.
Why are graphics tablets so expensive?  I can get a brand new PS3 for $300 that is essentially a fully-functional computer and blu-ray player, but a tablet that you work completely on the surface of?  $1000.  How does that make sense?  Even a new iPad, which IS a fully-functional computer plus a monitor is $500.  Half the price of a thing you draw on.  What a rip.

You know, I know a lot of artists that have these things.  I see a lot of four-year-olds with iPads.  Everyone 9 and up seems to have an iPhone.  I'm not jealous, per se, but I really wonder... how the hell is everyone affording these things?  Isn't this supposed to be a recession?  Did it end and nobody told me?


For the reason behind Hydro's injury, see Strip #9


2 comments: