Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Best Served Cold

Sorry for dumping on you last week.  I try to keep this blog somewhat professional.  I won't go into it, but as you may have surmised, I have a lot more going on than just webcomic frustration.
I'd like to be able to speak more freely, but as you know (or, at least, I hope you've learned), posting your drama / bizness online often comes back to bite you.

If you could keep my Grandpa Jim in your thoughts, though, I'd much appreciate it.  He's doing okay right now, but as I understand it, he could pass at anytime.  It will be very, very hard for me to lose him.  I wish I could go see him; I wish I could afford it... but with all the things going on here at the Grana household, it's imperative that money be saved.  Stupid money.

But anyway, I like how the strip turned out this week.  Originally it was going to be something else, but I decided to carry on the last strip's "plot" for one more week.  I'll do this week's strip next week.

There's so much more going on in the Super U-niverse in my head than can be conveyed in a three or four panel comic strip with limited space for narrative and dialogue.  Maybe I need to start my own Super Stories.  I don't know.  It'd be kind of neat to fill in the space between strips with words.  I love to write, and I think I'm pretty good at it, but I love to draw, too, and sadly I just don't have enough time to flesh out the Super U-niverse as much as I'd like.

Well, I suppose I'll just have to keep making these strips until I can get all of these ideas out of my head, one by one.

- M. Grana out.






4 comments:

  1. Zark! I like it. "Revenge is a dish best served ..cold. How cold was her blast?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not very. In retrospect, maybe I should have set the scene in a holographic Greenland instead of Morocco.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love it if you did your own version of Saturday Super Stories!! Maybe.... Sunday Super Stories (I admit it, I'm not very clever).

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be a lot of fun. I just don't know if the effort would be worth it. I have a hard enough time getting people to read the strip, let alone walls of text! I did write a chunk in one of Jason's stories before. And he's asked me to write another one at some point.

    ReplyDelete