Thursday, April 11, 2013

Effigy




After spending a week on Twitter, I can honestly say I have no idea why it's so popular.  I see what about it makes it more useful and effective than Facebook, but how does one look at their Twitter feed for more than a few moments without one's eyes glazing over?  It all devolves into a bunch of links preceded by @'s and #'s for me.  I guess it's fun if you want to be bombarded by the random musings of celebrities instead of being bombarded by descriptions of what your family members ate for dinner and pictures of cats.  

Honestly, I think it has only increased my desire to abandon smart phones, the majority of my internet activity and computers altogether.  Has anyone seen the stuff on Google Glass?  Am I the only one who's terrified by it?  Haven't people seen Wall-E?  Doesn't anyone see that, in conjunction with fatty-mobiles, we're very nearly already there?!

That said, thanks for using your computer or smartphone to come to my website on the internet, which features a comic strip created digitally on my computer!

I cheated on the third panel of today's strip, and by cheating I mean Photoshop.  Photoshop is a tool non-artists use to convince people they're artistic.  It was extremely easy to make that panel look like that.  It didn't even take me very long, and I hardly know what I'm doing.

It did turn out pretty cool, though.  I'm a very conflicted person.





No comments:

Post a Comment