Thursday, May 23, 2013

Archrival: Part 3



I really like the way this one turned out.  It's shocking to me now, comparing earlier strips to the stuff I've been putting out lately.  I'm not tooting my own horn, I'm just saying the older stuff is becoming painful for me to look at.
At some point I stopped trying to emulate Penny Arcade and other webcomics like it, and I went for more "realism."  It makes the strips take significantly longer to create, but the gratification I get from completing them makes it worth it.
Besides, it's not like I have anything else going on.

My kid is awesome.  We made a deal with her that if we got to throw out some of her old toys, she could have some new Legos.  So what Lego set does she pick?  Not the new "girly" Legos, oh no.  She picks the Lex Luthor robot suit from the end of the Lego Batman 2 video game.  It comes with Lex, Wonder Woman and Superman, too.  I think Wonder Woman was the big selling point for her.
Also, she keeps talking about being She-Hulk for Halloween this year.  I explained we would have to paint her green, and she seems cool with that.

She was watching Batman: Brave and the Bold today, and in the episode Robin and some other painfully lame sidekicks were in some big metal training room, and Batman was up in an observation booth putting them through drills.  Comparing that to Walters in the Dangerous Room control booth, putting the Super U. students through simulations in Combat Education class, I just had to laugh.

Everybody's talking about the new Daft Punk album.  I streamed the hell out of it when it was free, and yesterday I bought three tracks off of it on iTunes.  The part that I think is weird is that nobody seems to be talking about the track "Doin' It Right."  Man, what an amazing song!  Best one on the album, in my opinion.  Here's a link to it.

Also, super-excited; I got comments on some strips from a person I don't personally know!  Thanks for reading my stuff, Christa!  Tell all of your friends!

And the same goes for all of you!  Thank you SO much for your support... but we're not done, yet!  Let's keep spreading the Super U. love!

3 comments:

  1. Super love it! Nice contrast in the panels. Are you experimenting with different tints? Keep up the great work! A Fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOA!!! My name up in the blog - who'd a thunk it? Now, where's that strip I saw where Raine got a pie in the face???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Greg! Yeah, I've been doing lots of experimenting lately. Trying to see what looks good and shaves time off my draw-time.

    ReplyDelete