Thursday, August 29, 2013

Dynasty: Part 3



There's only 3 DAYS LEFT to vote on Super U. in the TWC100!  We're sitting at number 808 now, which is actually worse than last time I checked.  That being said, I had some good numbers coming back from Facebook this week, so I know you guys are out there helping me out, and that means a lot to me.

On Tuesday I went on a mini-rant about my lack of sales.  Looking back, I was probably coming off like a dick, and I want to apologize.  I want to clarify that I don't expect everyone I personally know to buy things, or anyone I personally know, for that matter.  A few of you have, and for that I am humbled and extremely grateful.  I DO want you to read my comics, and I DO want you to share them with your friends, but I'm not after your money.

My actual gripe is that, despite all my efforts thus far, I still haven't been able to branch out beyond my small circle of readers.  I want to build an audience, and it's that audience I want to sell things to.  
I don't expect to make a lot of money off of Super U., but I do dream of a day when it can be a supplemental income for my family.  I have no other major skills beyond drawing and sometimes writing; this is what I know, and what I'm good at.  The way I see it, this comic is the only chance I'll ever have to make something of myself.  I'm virtually unhireable doing anything else.

If I could go back in time and talk to Little Matt, I would tell him to never draw again.  I would tell him he isn't as smart or as talented as people say he is, and that he should pursue an interest in a stable career path.  But I can't do that.  It's too late for me.  I have to do art.

I'm pretty sure there's only 1 or 2 more of the "Dynasty" strips before things resume as normal.  What have you guys thought so far?  I'd love to hear some feedback.