Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Play Ball



Some of my favorite X-Men comics growing up were the ones were they had downtime, and they just played baseball or horsed around in the pool or whatever.  I always loved how, inevitably, someone would cheat by using their powers, and then all the rules would go out the window.  This comic is a bit of a nod to those times.  That's one thing, for me, Marvel always did well; they showed their characters during leisure activities, having fun with one another, and allowed you to relate with them on a more personal level.  Nobody can relate with Superman or Batman or Wonder Woman.  But I'll bet you can imagine that if you had ice powers like Bobby Drake, at least once you might, as a joke, freeze the pool right as your friend is jumping in.

Well, the results are in, and it turns out your favorite character is Daemon!  I guess you guys really like mysterious alcoholics.  Thanks to those of you who voted!

I may have said this before, but I'm amazed at how busy I am for not having a job.  I spent all day on this yesterday.  Today, I just got back in from errands after dropping off my kid at school, and I'm about to leave again, for errands. Then, I have to hope I have enough time to clean a good deal of the house before I have to leave again to pick my kid up.  Then it's the rest of the house, and then cooking dinner.  Tomorrow, I'm working on comics all day again.

Thanks for reading, and please share!

1 comment:

  1. Or like Walt's cousin that one time Pee on a crowd of people and it was a slushie.

    ReplyDelete