Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Time FAIL: A Brief Back-Story

Time Lass is a character, like a couple others, that I probably should have introduced before the Combat Education segment started.  Luckily, she's a time-traveler.  It was Jason's idea to have her have the ability to break the fourth wall, and I quite like it.  The concept of this strip, in fact, was his.


Another character I'd wanted to introduce beforehand is Scumbag, whom you may remember is on Aiden's team.  I mentioned him in the blog before.  I wanted to establish him as one of the "outcasts" of the school, along with Aiden, Daemon and Shanna / ShitKicker.


But the current story is your real introduction to the entire student body.  I think you've met all or the vast majority of the instructors and staff, too, and Combat Education is the last class of the day, so from this point on I declare the "Introduction to Super U." portion complete and can move on to... well, wherever the story takes me, I guess.  So that's exciting.


Jason hasn't gotten back to me about the posting of the Saturday Stories yet.  He pitched the idea, and I provided some feedback via our super-secret message forums, and the conversation appears to have died there.  


Possibly he's salty. 


Either way, I figured if I called him out on the blog he'd feel more obligated to respond, so... I'm calling you out, Sonny Jim!


By the way, big-ups to those of you helping me support the strip.  There are a few of you who share it on Facebook when they see it, and I appreciate that.  As with many illustrators, the dream is to be able to do a comic like this all the time, and you can all help me to make that happen by spreading the word and showing your support.


Thanks,
Matt


Don't Hate... Enlarginate






2 comments:

  1. I wouldnt say ignore, I bought a webcam and I got skype so we could 'Face to Face' Chat about it instead of posting once every few days and have an actual talk, pretty sure I mentioned this in a PM facebook thing, and I have been online for a week and havent gotten hit up yet. Soooooo...not my bad, all yours chief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have been more specific! I'll try to hit you up tomorrow, Rinoa willing. You and I work opposite schedules, so hopefully we can work it out.

    ReplyDelete