Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ambiguity Aversion

Not much to report today.  I'm sick as a dog, and so is apparently everyone else.  It's one of those ridiculous sinus things where you feel like you're on medication all day long, when in fact you haven't taken any.


If there's anyone out there who decided not to play Dragon Age 2, I recommend you give it a shot.  Yeah, I know I'm like a year behind on this one, but the game was 20 bucks.  I still prefer the first one, if anything but for the vastly different intros alone, but initially I didn't want to play part 2 because the demo made it feel like a button-masher.  But it turns out that you can actually turn the button-mashing off in the options menu, and then play it pretty much just like the first one.
The biggest problem I have with part 2 is that they've taken a great character from the DLC from the first one, the mage Anders, who was very amusing, and made him not amusing any more.  
I've already beaten it once, and during my playthrough I managed to not recruit one person entirely, let alone even meet him (Fenris), and then by the end I lost two more party members due to conflicts of personality.  One guy was like, "Yay, murder!" and I was like, "No.  You should leave."  And then another guy was like, "You're letting him leave?  Screw that.  I'm leaving!"  But whatever.  I didn't need those jerks anyway, and I'm looking forward, on my second playthrough, to morally conflicting with different teammates entirely.


Also, the Muppets DLC in Little Big Planet 2 is awesome.  'Nuff said.




Biggify.

2 comments:

  1. Kinda funny. What does ambighity mean?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Originally the strip was called "The Choice Not to Choose." But in keeping with my theme of unnecessarily long titles, I Googled that and got "Ambiguity Aversion."
      In other words the students, when given the choice to take an elective, opted to take nothing, leaving William Tell and Conjuressa disgruntled in the Teacher's Lounge.

      Delete